Meditation events in Marlow-on-Thames
Learn to meditate in Marlow
During this meditation course you will discover the benefits of meditation, learn how to begin an effective meditation practice and simple methods to quieten the mind. You will be taught how to train in mindfulness according to authentic Buddhist sources and how to oppose distractions that arise in meditation.
There will be two, one hour sessions of guided meditations and instructions. Anyone can practice meditation and everyone is welcome to attend. There is no physical exercise involved and seating is on chairs. Experienced meditator Jeremy Peckham will teach this course. The meditation course takes place in the Garden Room at Liston Hall in Marlow.
The benefits of meditation
Meditation has many benefits, including
- Improved concentration and focus in daily life
- Less stress, worry & anxiety
- Reduced irritation, anger & frustration
- Greater inner peace & happiness
- Increased confidence & self-esteem
- Improved mental and physical well being
- A positive outlook on life & better relationships
As well as meditation courses in Marlow, we also hold classes and regular events in the local area: weekly classes in both Maidenhead and Windsor, woodland meditation retreats near Beaconsfield and meditation classes and weekend course in Reading.